On 24 September, the Premier of NSW, Gladys Berejiklian, announced updated advice relating to spectator attendance at community sport, and school sport and outdoor education activities.
Key points from the Chief Health Officer are as follows:
• More than one parent may now attend community sporting activities if physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres can be maintained between people that are not from the same household;
• Non-essential adults should continue to be excluded from sporting activities;
• Community sports organisations and participants should continue to avoid shared travel arrangements such as car pooling and bus travel;
• Continue to minimise gatherings before and after the event; and
• Ensure strict compliance with all other elements of the COVID-19 Safety Plan.
This is great news for the community as we head into Finals, however please note that the current Public Health Order continues to limit capacity to a maximum of 500 per venue.
Please respect the COVID-Safety Plans in place at your local club you are visiting this weekend, as representatives from the Local Health Unit will be visiting venues in operation.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and good luck to all those involved in Finals this weekend.